Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

We have a PIXMA M830 purchased in 2008. Serial no.

Customer Question

We have a PIXMA M830 purchased in 2008. Serial no. ABAV14223. It has worked great until the following messages appeared. "Printing cannot be executed because the lock switch is on. Cancel printing, release the lock switch and turn the printer off and then back on"
On the printer screen it reads "Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on"
We have followed these instructions but the printer won't print and the same messages appear. A local printer repair tech told me to disconnect the scanner switch which I did. However the switch seems to have no connection to the rest of the printer and the same messages appear. What to do next? Is this printer done and needs to be replaced? It was doing a great job up to now. Bob K.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bob,

I am the person that will be helping you today. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but when this happens, it is time to either bring it into a printer repair shop or it is time to replace the printer. The problem is hardware related and will require a printer repair person to disassemble the printer, analyze the boards, and replace the faulting board.

I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

- Jason

-