Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Have mg6320 installed new canon print head got code1403

Customer Question

Have mg6320 installed new canon print head got code1403 wrong print head reinstalled old same code how do i reset thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately the persistence of this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a defective logic board or carriage pcb, which are what control and communicate with the head.

The part is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. Since this has happened with 2 hears, it can really only possibly be the control board.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would be looking at $200-250 for repairs. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer. Hopefully you can return the replacement head as it will be unused at this point.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,