MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Samsung c-460 printer has cayenta, yellow, and indigo

Customer Question

samsung c-460 printer has cayenta, yellow, and indigo smeared colors on the white space on a printed document
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your printer?

Also did this happen on its own or was it like this after a cartridge replacement?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is about 18 months old. It printed fine for a while. Now, what should be white on a printed page is C-Y- I, smeared all over it. I don't know how else to explain it. All three cartridges are about 66% full. On old printers they had a "clean print head" capability. This does not appear to have that. Print configuration page prints fine, black and white. Print test page bleeds C-Y-I on the background. Any help?

Hi and thanks for the information.

You are correct this one doesn't have a print head cleaning capability. What is wrong is the print head itself needs to be replaced due to this condition. The pump has failed and is leaking ink through the heads.

Its easy to replace, not too expensive,and you can get that from Best Buy or Staples. If they don't have it in stock you could order from there, worst case I can put you in touch with someone who sells these for your system.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael