Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

My canon mg5220 printer is showing an error message saying

Customer Question

My canon mg5220 printer is showing an error message saying "inner cover is open, close the inner cover and press ok". I have closed the inner cover and tried restarting the machine and the error message remains - how do I get the printer to recognize the cover is closed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

This is referring to the cover that closes over the cartridges. First, unplugged the printer for a minute or 2 and then plug up again. This will do a basic reset. If you still get the message, check the cover over the cartridges and make sure that it's closed correctly. It's possible that either the clip on this is broken or the sensor is faulty. And either of those cases you would very likely have to have the printhead replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. As it happens, the printer started working again before I got your answer - I had open & closed it and shut it off & on several times and something finally re-set it I guess -Thanks for your help, happy to pay the fee regardless.- Hugh Jones

Thank you. I am glad it is back to working.

Please click on the good or excellent rating - that will allow me to receive credit for helping. Thank you.