Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

No light wont turn on brother pro series MFC -J6520DW

Customer Question

no light wont turn on brother pro series MFC -J6520DW
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it show any sign of power at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no power it came to life when we moved it one day but nothing now
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

OK even if this is working with other devices please disconnect all cables and plug it into an outlet in a different room, push down hard on the power button and see if anything changes. Let me know what it does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not a good sign, while holding down the power button wiggle the end of the power cord connected to the machine, does it do anything or does it stay completely dead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing so buy a new printer eh?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If nothing still it normally means you would need a new power supply if you are sure the power cable itself is good. If you are still under warranty this would normally be covered under that. If it is no longer under warranty I hate to say this but it is usually cheaper to replace the machine than to repair it. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Brother.