Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dustin, We have a brand new MFC470dw out of the box and are

Customer Question

Hi Dustin, We have a brand new MFC470dw out of the box and are trying to install edible ink cartridges that are not Brother brand. It won't detect the cartridges. We cannot install the ones that came with the machine because the ink is toxic. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to cancel this. I found a solution.Thanks anyway
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I honor your request to cancel the question, but feel that you deserve some sort of response anyway.

I am not sure of the solution to the problem as stated. Doubtless you found one with some trying and thought.

Cartridges that are alien will be refused by the Brother printer owing to their lacking the proper recognition signals as sensed by the printer's circuitry.

You might need to seek out and purchase ink that *is* for this printer, but is *not* toxic. There may be such a product.

The other ink might be recycled unused, or donated charitably to be used in a state or jurisdiction or context where it will be both usable and useful.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.