Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I had a Canon MG 2910 series printer succesfully installed

Customer Question

I had a Canon MG 2910 series printer succesfully installed on my home network thru a Wifi network. Recently (a week ago) I noticed the printer was not connected and I tried to re-install on my MAC OS and my Windows computers but have FAILED to connect again. I have downloaded drivers and software but the result is the same: FAILED TO DETECT PRINTER on the network. How can I test if the printer itself is connected to my LAN? Can I re-set the printer to factory settings?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does the Windows computer have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 8.1?

STEP 1:

- Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect

, then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from it for a couple of minutes, then reconnect.

STEP 2:

- On the Windows computer, go to Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs), and uninstall any Canon driver / program you see there.

, then restart the computer.

, then go to Control Panel -> Printers (or Control Panel -> Devices and Printers) and if you still see any Canon printer, then right-click on it and remove it for now.

STEP 3:

- On the Windows computer, download / install the MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package at the Canon website:

http://www.cla.canon.com/cla/en/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg2910#driversAndSoftwareTab

; make sure to select the Wi-Fi/wireless option when prompted during installation.

STEP 4:

- If the Windows computer is able to print, then on the Mac computer, click on the Apple logo / menu, then System Preferences, then Printers & Scans (or Print & Fax), then select the Canon printer there, and then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and remove it for now.

, then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect the Canon wireless printer, then add it. Then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.