Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Brother 8710DW. Today I tried to open the front

Customer Question

I have a Brother 8710DW. Today I tried to open the front cover to check the toner cartridge number. I could not get the door to open. Finally, I forced it open. (I have two of these machines so I was able to compare them. The problem is on the right hand side of the door. There is a arm that slides to allow the door to open. That arm is attached to a white sliding component. However, the white component is out of position.) How do I open up the right side of the machine to put the white component back into position so that the arm can slide properly?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Could you please attach a photo so I can see the problem more clearly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are two photos. One is of the printer that is working; the other is of the printer that is broken. As I explained earlier, the right arm that supports the door (one must open to insert toner cartridges) is not working properly. There is a white dohickey that the arm attaches to but it is not attached. So the arm cannot freely move when the door is opened. How to I access the white dohickey to fix this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the pictures but you have not responded with an answer to my question.

Apologies, I did not receive any notification that you had replied previously.

I will see if another expert is available to assist with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for an answer to my question. It can't be that hard to open up this printer and move a piece of plastic.