Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I'm following the directions above. I cleaned the ink

Customer Question

I'm following the directions above. I cleaned the ink cartridges as directed. Where and how do I
clean "the machine itself"? I really need to know what I'm doing if I'm going to use water on the area inside the copier with all the little metal connectors etc etc.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what prior customers question you may be looking at. Regardless, we need to take each question on a case by case basis as every situation is unique and has its own variables. Please start from the beginning with the make/model and a full description of the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I first asked this question on 10/10/15 and paid $20 but no one answered me for hours, and I haven't had time to get back to it till now.
My Canon MX922 Pixma printer isn't printing black. I prints all the other colors. I've had it for a little over a year; haven't had any problems before. The ink cartridges are all new or close to new. 11 days ago when I found this website, I read and followed directions to take the ink cartridges out and clean the connections (right word?) with a slightly damp q-tip. It didn't help. What should I do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also: my Acct# ***** *****
ID# *****
Can we make an appointment in real time? Otherwise this could go on and on.
Thanks,
Martha Knobler
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Martha,

If you wish to talk by phone, we can make an appointment for a specific time.

Otherwise, I'll give you some info here and you can reply back and forth as we are each available.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Have you gone through the internal/automated cleaning function from the setup menu yet?

If not, please go into the printer maintenance menu and run the head clean (deep clean) function at least twice, and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, this is amazing: right after I sent you the first message today, I put the ink cartridges back in the machine -
I had had them out since cleaning the connections 10 days ago (I cleaned them again before putting them back), and tried to print something. The first page came out not fully inked. The 2 other pages I've printed are pretty good; just a little fuzzy in a couple of places. So,I should still run the head deep clean function anyway, as you directed - but I have no idea how to do that. Where would I find instructions for it? Thanks!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I would go ahead and do it at least once, which should clear up the fuzzy areas.

All you need to do is touch the setup/menu button on the front panel of the printer, go into the tools menu, then look for the head clean function to execute it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the deep cleaning. It looks pretty good. One problem remains, which may or may not be related: on 2 out of 20 lines of print, the tops of all the words are a bit misaligned with the bottoms. ???
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You can run the cleaning again if it seems like some lines/dots are missing.

If it is actually skewed or misaligned, then run the alignment function in the tools menu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan. I couldn't find any alignment function - I ran the roller cleaner though.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is a different function, but won't hurt either.

Alignment should be there in the tools. Is everything else working better now?