Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a brother mfc 8910dw. most times it jams when

Customer Question

i have a brother mfc 8910dw.
most times it jams when printing from sleep
i have check the machine several times but i do not find anything lodged that could cause this any ideas
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. You said it jams and then said you do not find any jams, so is it saying there is a jam when the print actually went through? Can you give me the exact and entire jam error please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the machine has gone into sleep mode the first page printed jams. the page is going about half way and stops. remove toner cartridge pull page out, check unit to see if a small piece could be lodged and cause a problem. do not find anything lodged inside nor anything broke or out of place. reinstall toner cartridge it will print fine. as to error message it says something about jam inside and sometimes the next page will have jammed in the paper tray. the unit only has just over 16,000 total copies and started this about 3,500 pages ago. my computer tech has checked this and said to search on line for help that is why i am here.
thanks of you help
wayne
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I see no one has picked this up so I will continue with you. I apologize for having to opt out. When was the last time the drum was replaced? It is the part the toner cartridge sits inside of.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drum has not been replaced. the unit only has just over 16,000 copies on it. should not need a drum should it? the page is stopping at about 3/4 of a page out of the toner cartridge. open the front remove the drum unit with toner cartridge the page comes out with it. looking thing over for correction of this the page is stopping at the rear pickup and not starting to the exit like their is something blocking it from exit. take the page and lay inside the empty machine it just reaches to the back but never turns up to the pickup rollers in the rear. could this be a problem from the paper tray looking at the page it has a very small crease in the center of the page about 1 inch long and may be causing it to hit at the back just so it can not clear. return the toner cartridge close the front and it prints and copies with no problems. this started about 3 months ago and i had my computer tech look at it about a month ago because it was doing it more and more but he had no luck. just trying to give you anything to hang on. thanks for your help.
wayne
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

This still sounds like a issue with the drum not the rollers but that is something we can check once we rule out the drum. When you remove the drum there is a tab you can slide back and forth. This cleans the corona wire, please do that a few times and test it again by printing only a blank page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have cleaned the corona wire several times i do this every after every pack of paper, but i will try again. sometimes the next page in the paper tray starts to pickup which also has to be cleared before it will print or copy. this does not happen every time.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the paper tray completely from the machine and look at the bottom, you will see a separation pad and a pick up roller. Clean these as best you can here is a picture of them:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00002024_007/us/en/19231/Roller8.gif