JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I need to connect my Canon MG3120 Printer to the new Xfinity

Customer Question

I need to connect my Canon MG3120 Printer to the new Xfinity modem.
How do I do that??? My modem PW is CC9PJ9EAA47CH74C.
I tried going to the Control Panel and selected the printer but I still can't print from the Canon printer. I'm very frustrated at this very moment.
Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of the new xfinity modem?
Do you see a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the new modem?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find the modem information. It has a few passwords, etc. The Xfinity is through Comcast.I have windows 7.
Thank you. Please check at the back/bottom of the new modem for the model, such as TG852G, or SMCD3DNV or WNR1000, etc.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to pay the additional $20. I found several pin # ***** Is it WPSPIN25120240? How can you get into my computer to fix the issue that I'm having??? I've gone to the Control Panel to assign a printer and it didn't fix the issue.Thank you
There is no additional cost, so don't worry. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=90206b3c-5016-4d6c-82e7-4e9d4dbd81da
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I'm sorry; I'm out of ideas, but let me open the issue to other experts. Thank you.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you, if you are still having problems connecting your Canon printer to your Xfinity modem.