Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

How can i fix hp2175 printer. it has error message.

Customer Question

how can i fix hp2175 printer. it has error message for scanner.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sc.an failure. the lights on the printer " copy, scan and photo card keep blinking incessintly. do you thing i should replace print cartiges (toner)

john

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

If this is a PSC 2175 it does not use toner it uses ink jet cartridges. That would not help with this error anyway though. Please turn it off unplug it, and disconnect any other cables. Leave it unplugged for 30 minutes. Then plug it back in and see if the same thing happens. If it does please let me know how old the machine is and whether or not you got an extended warranty with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i unplugged it and disconnected the cable. i will leave it like that until morning. i am disabled an can,t take it to a repair place. if i have to they probably won.t come to my house?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Some shops will come to you not all will. If it turns out you need a part though a lot of the times it is cheaper to replace the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can.t go out to replace the unit

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You can order them online and some site, like amazon have services to have someone come set it up for you as well.

See here for more about that:

http://www.amazon.com/Computers-Electronics-Services/b?ie=UTF8&node=10192836011