Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I just replaced all the ink cartridges in my Brother

Customer Question

I just replaced all the ink cartridges in my Brother MFC-9120cn but when I closed the cover, instead of resuming printing the display says "Replace Toner Cartridge Cyan".
I took out the Cyan cartridge and checked to be sure it was in the drum unit correctly; then closed the lid again and the same message keeps coming up. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following in order to reset the problematic toner:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
  2. Open the printer's cover by using the blue ‘handle’ at the front of the machine; you do not need to open it fully.
  3. Press the Clear/Back button.
  4. Press the Up / Down Arrow buttons to scroll through the list of toners.
  5. - Note: K = Black, M = Magenta (pink), C = Cyan (blue), and Y = Yellow; each has an option for STD (standard) and STR (starter). In your case, select the option C for Cyan; try both C - STD and C - STR as needed.
  6. Once the toner you want to reset is selected, then press the OK button.
  7. Two options will show up: 1 to reset and 2 to exit. Press the button number 1 on the numeric keypad to reset the toner.
  8. Close the printer's cover. The printer will take a few minutes to re-initialize.
  9. Then check printing. If needed, reset other toner colors / types.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.