Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

New cp 740 came wityh an ink cartridge but when I try to

Customer Question

New cp 740 came wityh an ink cartridge but when I try to print I get an error message that it is out of ink. When I triy to get the cartridge out I can not. What do I do now
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was all packaging removed from the cartridge and was it inserted correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cartrige came in the machine. When I tried to initially print with it the error message came back that there was no ink.

Did a paper cassette also come with the printer?

You will need to check the paper cassette and the ink cassette combination for a possible mismatch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started with the cartridge and paper that was supplied with this new unit. When I went to test the unit, the message on the unit's window was no ink. So I tried to change the cartridge and could not get it out. That is when I contacted you. Since then we have gotten the cartridge out. I then put in a new carriage, brand new, right out of the box from Canon. Same message, no ink. I ran the ink cleaning tool through the unit, nothing showed up there. Tried to print again and still get the message that there is no ink.
Question to you is, what do I do now to get the unit working.

You can go through the checks in the user guide, however if that does not work then the printer will need to be returned to the retailer as it has a fault:

http://www.manualsprinter.com/manuals/canon/Canon_Selphy_CP740.pdf