Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Have a DR C125 purchased through Canon March 2012. Have had

Customer Question

Have a DR C125 purchased through Canon March 2012. Have had NO problems until now.
Showing: Double paper feed, rescan. It isn't showing even the page that did go through. There was no double paper feed even though on continuous feed. I have tried for over an hour. Turning off, checking connections etc. No luck.
Help. Need it for work as I am in the middle of sending contracts.
Sherry **********
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try turning it Off for 10 minutes, and restart the computer you are scanning to in the meantime.

(Try that just once, in case that's all it needs. If it doesn't help the first time, there's no need to try it again.)

The double page feed (without any scanned image being transmitted) might mean either

A. controlling circuitry gone bad in the scanner - an unfortunate time for that to happen if so...

or

B. a stuck paper position/paper-presence sensor switch, or optical sensor fouled, in the scanner. A double page feed would be sensed when a paper presence sensor failed to register 'no paper here any more' after a bit of feeding in the first sheet... making the scanner presume that the second sheet has fed in with the first.

So check for a paper sensor switch that, when pressed (by the passage of a sheet of paper fed into the scanner) does not spring back readily. Or is jammed or fouled otherwise. Clean all dust out of the paper path of the scanner, in case it is an optical sensor with some dust or paper fluff on it.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry if JustAnswer.com's salesmanship or offers have offended in any way. I assure you I have no power over such matters and had no hand in their design and presentation.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

I thought your question deserved an answer, despite your request for a cancellation. I hope my advice is of use to clearing up whether your scanner can work again, or need repair replacement (or, for you to go to e.g. a FedEx Office location and do the scanning/faxing there.) Please rate my answer, keeping in mind that it is my work you are rating - and, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.