Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Have a PIXMA MP530. Unable to print. The LCD Display notes

Customer Question

Have a PIXMA MP530. Unable to print. The LCD Display notes "Check Cartridge U052"
Please advise on how I proceed to check and my options.
Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to duplicate the same problem. I appreciate on how we proceed and fix the problem. Also please advise on the cost.just read the additional $20.00 cost - please confrim the cost in proceeding with email.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just read the additional $20.00 cost - please confirm the cost in proceeding with email exchamge.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That was most likely an ad you saw for a phone call, also please re-read my original post I need the answer to that question before I can help you.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I do not see what you are billed but as long as you do not take that offer it should be whatever you originally agreed to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok lets - lets get started so I can evaluate my options.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It seems you still did not re-read my original post, here it is again I need the answer to this and need to know you understand you may need a part in order to help you:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot do anything - so cannot cleaning the machine - as I mentioned the LCD notes to check the cartridge U052 - what do I do?
thx
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I meant cleaning it by hand, with this error since you may need a part it will not let you use the built in cleaning.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will do.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know the results when you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your instructions - no luck.
No change in LCD - check cartridge U052.
Your input?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disappointed. I tried all the suggested input with negative results.I will proceed to purchase a replacement .
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The very first thing I did was warn you that you may need a part, so you already knew it was possible. If the same thing happens after that you would need to replace the print head in order to fix this. The print head for your machine has a part number of Qy6-0059 and can usually be found for between $40 and $50 on sites like eBay. From a technician or Canon they usually cost around $75. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Before you buy a new print head

try just pulling the old one out and putting it back in again'

once you pull out the cartridges there should be a little locking lever just move that and the print had that they sit in pulls right up and out.

you can again just wipe it with a soft cloth if you like

but sometimes it just shifted a little bit and when you put it back and lock it down the error will go away.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On November 1, 2015, I replied "Disappointed. I tried all the suggested input with negative results. I will proceed to purchase a replacement
My decision noted above was influenced by your on October 6,2015; "that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix".
The November 1, 2015 is the date that terminated your services.
However, I was billed $23.00 per month for 10 months for period October13,2015 to July 13,2015.
Just Answer, Customer Service, explained that 4 months credit has been processed with the 5 additional months to follow be pending my explanation to the overcharges.
Please proceed with refund balance.
Pease let me convey that your knowledge effort was Good, but the billing practice is short of "extortion"!
***** *****ez

we have nothing to do with billing. You would have to contact customer service at***@******.*** to deal with any billing issues.