Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Kavita Bester. Paper won't feed
, Printer keeps loading

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Kavita Bester. Paper won't feed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Printer keeps loading but paper won't latch on correctly for printing. Keeps saying load paper
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: another time. I have to pick up my son from school. thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time.

I think it is possible that the paper pickup rollers have become slick with age and are not making firm enough contact with the paper, in consequence, to propel it into the printer.

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you should try cleaning the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.