Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I'm trying to install a Canon MG3500 series printer to my

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to install a Canon MG3500 series printer to my mac Book Pro but it says it's not compatible
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc.?

Don't use the printer's CD disk, but download / install the latest printer driver at the Canon website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg3520#DriversAndSoftware

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
os yosimite 10.10.5

Thank you. Please download / install the printer's driver at the website below:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0100005387/03/mac-mg3500-1_2-mcd.dmg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've done this now what printer shows up but doesn't print?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is currently connect via USB but ultimately it will be used via wirelessly

Disconnect printer's USB cable from computer for now

, then go to Apple logo / menu, then Preferences, then Printers & Scanners

, then click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and remove it for now

, re-connect usb cable from printer to computer securely

, wait a bit to see if it automatically reinstalls the printer, but if not, click on the + (plus) button and it should detect your canon printer, then add it

, then check printing.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it printed via usb should i unplug it and attempt it wirelessly now

Do you have a Wi-Fi / wireless modem/router device?

During the installation of the printer software from the website I've provided previously, did you select the wireless option when prompted? Did it ask for USB or Wireless options?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
usb at the time as we had the usb in at that time

Disconnect printer, then delete it again in Printers & Scanners, then run the software again at

, then let me know if it asks for wireless and USB connection option; make sure you select wireless.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this time it didn't seem to ask me if i wanted to install it via usb or wifi as it did last time ? Shoudl it have ? I don't currently have the usb plugged it either is that correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in says installation was successful though

When you run the software, it does not give the option to "Change Connection Method" like in the image below?

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/CanonUSA/TroubleshootingContents/Images/Global/G0140444.png

What's the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
arris dcx600-m

Is it DCX3600-M (not DCX600-m)? Is there any other device you see? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARRIS TG1672G
P/N TG02DHQ162
MoCO

Can you open Finder -> Applications -> Canon Utilities, and run any network program there in order to set up wireless? thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I TRIED TO RUN SCANNER AND IT SAYS ITS NOT CONECTED TO THE USB ?

We will check scanning later. Please try only printing now. Did you see the network tool in Canon Utilities? Does wireless printing working now? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is my choices
Disconnect printer's USB cable from computer for now, then go to Apple logo / menu, then Preferences, then Printers & Scanners, then click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and remove it for now, re-connect usb cable from printer to computer securely, wait a bit to see if it automatically reinstalls the printer, but if not, click on the + (plus) button and it should detect your canon printer, then add it, then check printing.

No, open Finder icon on the Dock, then open Applications, then open folder Canon Utilities, then do you see any network item there? Thank you.

- If needed, please click on the website below for how to connect the printer to Wi-Fi/wireless using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) option.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=62107

; also, please click on the website link below for the image of the location of the WPS button on your router / access point ARRIS TG1672G device:

http://i.imgur.com/qJkFPA5.jpg

- Once that is successful, then go to Apple logo / menu, then Preferences, then Printers & Scanners,

, then click on the Canon printer, if it's there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and remove it for now

, then click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, and it should detect your Canon wireless printer, then add it

, then check printing.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue shooting. Thank you,