Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon Selphy 760 photo printer which is new but out

I have a Canon Selphy 760 photo printer which is new but out of guarantee. It had been working fine but having put some more paper in (having done it many times) and went to print nothing happened. Having tried more and less paper in the holder when I turned it on again it sounded as if it was trying to print but would not pick up the paper.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried cleaning the wheels. They move fine but are not making contact with the paper?

If they are not touching the paper, then the printer has a problem of an unknown type which is keeping the rollers in the wrong position... ...or, perhaps, the paper is in the wrong position. Make sure the paper is loaded correctly and precisely as instructed in the user guide for this printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have loaded the paper exactly the same as when it worked. It is if the paper is not being held up long enough for the rollers to engage.

OK. Is there a paper tray in this model of printer, that is removable?I suspect there isn't. If there is, remove it and check whether the paper springs upward or is held upward when you load paper into the paper tray according to the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes - there is a paper tray but the paper does not and never has sprung up nor is held up. I must have loaded the paper a million times checking yet again with instructions.

Then there is nothing more you can do for the problem, I don't think, except decide between having the printer repaired, and having it replaced.If the printer is less than a year old, call 1-800-OK-CANON and put in a failed-within-warranty claim on it for free-of-charge servicing. (Of course, a reset of the printer and a check of all its setting levers would not hurt. If you want to try a reset, just unplug the printer, leave it unplugged for an hour or a half hour at least, then plug in, and try to print again.) I regret this outcome for the problem, but I feel we have done all we could for the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying to help with the problem even though without success.

I am trying to see how I can cancel a monthly payment which appears to be the case. I have tied to contact the Accounts but it was to a do not reply email?

Susan

I am sorry if JustAnswer.com's salesmanship or offers have offended in any way. I assure you I have no power over such matters and had no hand in their design and presentation. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you toCustomer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through: http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness. Please rate my Answer(s)/work, if you are done with this case - that way this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.