Cpolarek
Cpolarek, Technician
Experience:  10+ years in IT
30863715

My Konica Minolta Magicolor 1600W is blinking orange. This

Customer Question

My Konica Minolta Magicolor 1600W is blinking orange. This seemed to have started when I
updated my pc to 8.1. I was told it needs new firmware. Where will I find a free download of this?
Thank You!
Donna DeGuzman
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to the site. I'm Dan.

Your 1600W has 3 LED indicators... Ready, Error, and Toner. I need to know what all 3 of them are doing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toner light is on K
Ready is not illuminated
Error light blinking orange
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Would you say the light is blinking quickly, or slowly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rather type please
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I don't follow. Would you say the light is blinking quickly, or slowly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a little over a second between blinks
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

I show this link works for your printer also:http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/wcm/connect/9c24c9e1-4c0a-4c09-98d1-4571478dc5ac/magicolor1680MF_1690MF_4690MF_4695MFFirmwareUpdaterGuide.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=9c24c9e1-4c0a-4c09-98d1-4571478dc5ac Using this software, through this software you should be able to download the firmware and install it as needed.

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

To get the firmware downloader software, you need to request it from the following page: http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/business-solutions/support/laser-printers-support/magicolor-pagepro-support.html and request the firmware downloader for your printer. I doubt however that it's a firmware problem. Typically when the printer gives an error after an upgrade it's because of a driver issue. I would try removing the printer, downloading the correct driver and doing a fresh printer install.