Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My Canon MP 280 Printer is showing Error Code P07 and it

Customer Question

My Canon MP 280 Printer is showing Error Code P07 and it won't print anything.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

This error message indicates your printer's ink absorber is full and needs to be replaced. Using the service tool is a temporary fix. Ultimately you have to replace the ink absorber.

Your printer has an ink absorber which takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning operation. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is almost full / completely full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

What is the age of your printer ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already changed the ink absorber and also checked it but it is not full this time. The service tool is not working its V1074 and I can give you the link I used. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6gaFWTPbggrSEk3cXdTd3FVSGs/edit
It has taken me 3 days of many hours just to get this which my daughter sent me and then it doesn't work when I click on it.

Would you like me to remote in your computer and help you with that tool directly ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please!

What is the operating system of your computer ?

Windows/Mac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather use the computer as my phone does not have coverage where my computer is. Thank You.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows

Are you talking with me using your computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please click this link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=aa86c7d5-cccf-4a18-abfe-7d2cdffa6af9

Then "I Agree".

Then download and run the Elsinore Screen Connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran the Elsinore Screen Connect. Can't see where it has loaded, now what?

Please go to the downloads folder and try to run the downloaded Elsinore Screen Connect file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been trying to run the Elsinore Screen Connect file but after it asks me if I want to 'run' and I press on run, I can't see it anymore.

Okay, I'll give you another remote tool.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

Please click the following link to download team viewer:
http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu

Save the file first, then open it up. You will be provided with an ID and password, please reply back with the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must have a problem with my computer as the links don't seem to be working. I have to go now and will get back to you as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, take your time.