Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I go to print and it goes to que, tries to print, and says

Customer Question

hi I go to print and it goes to que, tries to print, and says "print error" I have a MX870. My husband has a lap top, and he can print to it. We both have windows 10
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was this printer working fine previously on your computer? When did this issue first occur?

Was there any change to your computer recently that may have caused this issue?

Was there any error or message during reinstallation of the printer's driver/software?

Is the printer connected to your computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer is on the network. The network was not working. I rebooted the network, and then I reconnected the printer. I reconnected the printer to the internet. My computer finds the printer fine. When I click print, the document goes to the que, and after trying to print, after saying "printing" it says "print error" When installing the driver, there was no error.
Our other laptop works fine. I am using an HP computer

Thank you. If possible, please try the following first:

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left), and then select Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Select the date before this issue first occurred, then select Next > Finish, then check.

- If that does not work, make sure the printer is powered on

, then right-click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound if available

, then then click on Devices and Printers

, then right-click on the Canon printer there and remove it for now

, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, and it should detect your Canon wireless printer, then add it

, then check printing.

- If that still does not work, go to Control Panel, then click on Programs -> Programs and Features, then uninstall the Canon driver / program there

, then restart the computer

, then go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and if you still see any Canon item there, then right-click on it and remove it

, then download / install the MX870 series MP Driver... at the website below and check:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx870#DriversAndSoftware

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have corrected the problem. The problem was I needed a different version for my printer driver.

I'm sorry; I suggested getting the latest printer's driver version from the Canon website I've provided previously at this web page before your last reply; I'm not sure if you saw it or not, but I'm glad you got it working now. We are canceling this. If you need help with anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you for the update.