Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Just bought epson xp-420 yesterday, tried to follow the

Customer Question

just bought epson xp-420 yesterday, tried to follow the primer and after I turned it on, I pressed "OK" to select english, the printer just made a screeching sound and "error code OxEA appeared on the screen and I was advised to turn it off, which I did. I tried it for the second and third time with the same result "error code OxEA appears on the screen. How can I make my printer work? I bought it yesterday at best buy in fargo
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This message indicates an internal fault/jam. Since it is a new printer, it is almost always caused by foreign materials.

Open the printer up and check it over very carefully - even a tiny piece of packing foam, tape, etc can cause this. Remove all the cartridges and check them over as well.

Then unplug and plug back in again.

If the problem continues even after all of the packing materials are removed and everything is reseated, then you got a bad unit (most likely was damaged in shipping), and you should return it to best buy and have them exchange it for a new one.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.