Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Canon MP 600 says the type of printhead is incorrect uo

Customer Question

Hi Bernie, my Canon MP 600 says the type of printhead is incorrect uo 52. I only put new inkcardridges into the printer. Friendly greetings Joyce
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy,I just cleaned my printhead (i already did it twice before). But the printer still says: "the type printhead is incorrect, please install the right printhead' .Friendly greetings,
Joyce Kraal
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you used the software built into the machine.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy,
I just had my printhead in warm water for 1 night, and another day to let it dry, now all the ink is gone from the printhead. I also left the printer off. Now when put it on and i put the printhead back into the printer it still gives me the same message. "the type printhead is incorrect, please install the right printhead' .Friendly greetings,
Joyce Kraal
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you for clarifying as that is what I would have had you done next. Unfortunately if the same thing happens it means the print head needs to be replaced. Just like ink cartridges it is consumable and eventually needs to be replaced. The part number for your model is Qy6-0061 and normally costs around $60 but you can sometimes find it cheaper on sites like eBay. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer Freddy, do you mean that i have to replace it as often as my ink cardriges? Because than it surely it's an expensive hobby?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

No I just meant it is replaceable like them and gets worn over time, they normally last around 2 years. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.