Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My 7960 is giving me a message that the cartridge cradle is

Customer Question

My 7960 is giving me a message that the cartridge cradle is stuck. How do I clear the jam. Nothing visible blocking it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please give me the exact and entire message including any numbers exactly the way you see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Print cartridge cradle is stuck. Clear jam then press OK." No numbers...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried the procedure to no avail. Seems to be caught on the left side and unable to move past a certain point. It feels like it is hitting something...yet I can't see anything that is catching it.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That s not a good sign, as I mentioned it should move freely. How old is the machine? Check below it with a flash light is anything beneath it? If it is over a year old, did you happen to get an extended warranty?