Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My images are printing as though 3D glasses were needed to

Customer Question

My images are printing as though 3D glasses were needed to read the text. I've gone through ALL the trouble shooting on the printer more than three times! Please help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't want to mess something up so I haven't tried "cleaning by hand".
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It helped resolve the haze effect or the 3D affect I referred to but now it has bisected some of the lines and sends the top half of a word to the left and the bottom half of the word to the right.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Press the MENU button.

Select Setup, then press the OK button.

The setup menu screen will appear.

Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.

The Maintenance screen will appear.

Select Auto head alignment, then press the OK button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope didn't work.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You said that it got better after cleaning, please repeat those steps and test again. Please use the alignment I just gave you as the test. It can take up to 3 cleanings to see an improvement if that is going to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The haze is gone but the bisected words are still an issues. Is that still a cleaning issue?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes the nozzles would cause both of those issues so you would still want to do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a sick child home and I need to discontinue this session (for now). Can I earmark it and come back another time or just finalize now!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You can take all the time you need to get back to me even after rating. To get back to me go to justanswer.com and click on my questions at the top of the page. I can tell you however that after these other cleanings if it still does the same thing you unfortunately are doing to need a new part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.