Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I Have a Canon MX860 Printer. Today a piece of A4 from the

Customer Question

I Have a Canon MX860 Printer . Today a piece of A4 from the bottom cassette jammed whilst printing .
I was able to remove some but not all of the paper . The display said to turn the power off and then back on but this did not clear the jam . The code displayed was C000 , and after referring to the on screen manual , it suggests taking it to the service centre .
Could you please confirm this and advise where the service centre is in Adelaide ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please let me know how old is the printer and is there paper still stuck inside the printer

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you may try the below steps

remove the cartridge

turn off printer nad unplug power cord

manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. you may also try blowing air in these areas
once done turn the unit back on and check

if still the error continues, the unit would need to be serviced

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

here below are the details of the nearest authorised service center

IT Services (SA) Pty Ltd
7A Grenfell Street
KENT TOWN
SA, 5067
Phone: 08 8130 1010

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further