Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My brother printer won't turn on MFC J4710DW

Customer Question

hi my brother printer won't turn on MFC J4710DW
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, what you have tried already to solve the problem, so that I can skip those steps .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turn on and off the printer and also unplugged all the plugs and left the printer off and then try to turn off again.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** try to connect the printer with another wall outlet and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that but I will try on a different power outlet
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns on then then it says all functions disabled and then turns off
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did this happen earlier or only this time, when you connected the printer with another wall outlet ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
happened before
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately the problem is with the logic board of the printer, it is most probably defective, that is why it is disabled all the fucntions and turning off the printer. The logic board is the main board of the printer and the replacement cost of the board will be same as the price of a new printer, unless the printer is less than one year old and it is under warranty period then, you can replace the board from Brother free of cost.Please let me know, if you want any further detailed information, otherwise please rememeber to give postive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.