Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My Canon MX340 is telling me that my printer absorber is

Customer Question

My Canon MX340 is telling me that my printer absorber is almost full. What do I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Your printer has an ink absorber which takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning operation. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is almost full / completely full. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

What is the age of your printer ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 5 years old

The waste ink pad has become full and needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. You will have to order new waste ink pads from Canon and replace accordingly to get everything back to alright.

Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Its not recommended for users to replace the waste ink absorber tank.

If you want you can also take the help of a local printer repair shop to replace it at a less cost.

If you want to repair it in local repair shop; I can give you the contact of a local printer repair shop near your area, if you tell me your city name.

Please let me know what you want to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will check and see who can repair locally. Do you have any suggestions? I live in Toledo Oh.

Please standby. I'll check and let you know.

Please contact JCI Group

Address: 1900 Ind***** ***** Circle, Suite 200
Maumee, OH 43537
phone: (###) ###-####/p>

Erie Ink
phone:(###) ###-####/strong>

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > Submit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and thank you for your help.

Please close this session by clicking on one of the stars at the top of this page and then click Submit.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.