Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

What is Error 1203 on my printer mean?

Customer Question

What is Error 1203 on my printer mean?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model printer is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. It's a Dell and I got it new in 2006
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It should say the model on the printer itself somewhere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picbridge
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not it, please give me all numbers you see on the printer itself for example 1120nw or 928 etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
942
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have time to do this right now Freddy. I have to go to work. How can I reach after 5:00P.M.?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.