Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Printer problem or ink systems pro 8600

Customer Question

printer problem or ink systems for officejet pro 8600
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there is no quick or easy fix here. This message indicates a hardware problem, specifically that that the internal "ink absorber system" is full. The ink absorber is a series of pads/tanks, which catch drips from the printhead when parked, and is also used for maintenance tasks like cleaning and purging.

Eventually this absorber fills up, and the printer shuts down operations, as continuing to operate it can result in ink overflowing the system, damaging your desk, flooring, etc

While it is sometimes possible to temporarily reset the counter, this is dangerous as the system will likely overflow. Cleaning/emptying/replacing the system is a difficult and messy process as well, best left to a qualified service technician. This service is generally not practical though - it's going to run you $150-250 for repairs, which just isn't worth it for an older printer. This is a 4 year old model, that was built for a maximum service life of 3 years. If you have reached the point that the absorber has filled, then other wear items like the printhead, feed rollers, etc are also going to be at the end of their lives and need service/replacement soon.

Given the costs and complexity of fixing this issue, you'd be better off replacing the printer. You can get a brand new and better machine, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for about $80, which makes more sense than investing in the older machine.

I can recommend replacement options for you if you'd like, or if you'd prefer to try having it serviced or working on it yourself, I can advise further on those options. Replacement would be your best bet though, economically speaking.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've attempted to accept your call request, but it looks like it may have failed on your end. I'm resending a call offer, but you may have to increase your deposit first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call
asap thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I cannot call you yet. The call offer failed on your end due to a payment issue. If you'll increase your deposit first, you can request the call again so that we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Copies will print through computer, not copier.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

When are you getting this error code/message then?
It is showing on the printer display, correct?

I still cannot call until the billing issue is resolved, the request won't process.