Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a message on the printer screen: Printer error has

Customer Question

I have a message on the printer screen: Printer error has occurred. n Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual. I have done all this and the manual says let she power stay off for at least three minutes - after unplugging from the power supply. The message is still there, and a bright orange light is flashing on the front. The red line above the message has C000. The machine is a PIXMA MG5220. I can get the serial number, if it is needed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
6A00 means there is an issue with the print head.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the carriage by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not something is jamming it like a small piece of paper or it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.