VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Just changed cartridges. Message on printer: Support 1660

Customer Question

Just changed cartridges. Message on printer: Support 1660 The following ink tank cannot be recognized.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

If you still have the old cartridge then, insert it and let me know, what do you see on the printer ? If the error message do not change then, power off and on the printer, keeping the old cartridge inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are six cartridges - which one should I install?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you replaced all the cartridges ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed all six new cartridges
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

You should get the cartridge number with the error message. Please check the whole error message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I re-installed the old cartridges - six of them - and the message on the printer is:
"Support Code 166
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After chaNGING CARTRIDGES (6 ) the message reads: "Support Code 1660 - the following ink tank cannot be recognized."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think that I can resolve this problem on line. I am 90 years of age and am having great difficulty understanding directions. thank you for trying to help me.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs... Your issue Sir or Madame is that your cartridge is bad, remanufactured. Since that is the case the easiest way to fix this is to take the replacement cart back to where you purchased it from and get a replacement one.. I will be calling you in 5 minutes... As I am the Expert who has accepted your call....