Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

How do I find the pass phrase up my Canon Pixma MX490

Customer Question

How do I find the pass phrase for setting up my Canon Pixma MX490 wireless printer. My wireless router SSID was found on the printer screen; then I am asked to enter the passphrase. I tried to enter the wireless network key numbers, but the key pad on the copier does not recognize the "1" or "0" and the other keys do not show numbers. HELP!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless Access Point (WAP) Router:
Brand - AT&T U-verse
Model - VEN401-ATModem:
Brand - AT&T U-verse
Model - 3801HGV

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the answer to my issue by viewing You Tube. I could have saved my $23. Thanks anyway.

Greetings,

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix that yourself. You did not waste $23 because you you were able to make my acquaintance, right? :) I am totally kidding. Our work here is guaranteed 100%. I will send up the refund for you right now.

Thank you for getting back with me.

Thank you again,

Jason