Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Mx330 printer that won't let me print because it

Customer Question

I have a Mx330 printer that won't let me print because it keeps saying that the paper output slot is jammed. However, I no longer have a paper jam, but the printer doesn't recognize this. What should I do to get my printer to work?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

This can be a hardware problem, please open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges can move to the replacement position or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what the the replacement position is. Perhaps all the way to the left? If this is the case, the cartridges aren't moving at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you suggest I do now?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

The replacement position is in the center. If the cartridges moved to the extreme left then, there is some hardware issues, please remove the power cord from the printer and wait for 10 mins. and then let me know, what happens, when you power on the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay--I waited 10 minutes and I still have the same issue. What should I do next?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Did the problem started after a paper jam , which you have cleared now ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. I was printing a series of documents and the printer indicated that there was a paper jam. I proceeded to clear the jam and was unable to find the actual jam. It indicated that there was a paper jam and the paper output slot was jammed. I have not been able to find the paper jam.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you removed all the papers from the printer and check the output slot with a flash light for any blockage ?

• Check 2: Are there any foreign objects in the Rear Tray?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you said to do. I don't see any blockages.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Can you try to push a card stock or any thick paper through the paper output slot and let me know, if anything comes out from the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that and nothing came out of the printer.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late reply, I could not get back to you earlier, as I was offline at that time and thanks for trying those steps. If you are still facing the same problem then, unfortunately it is a sensor problem of the printer, which detect the the movement of the paper and as it is thinking that the paper cannot move forward, the printer is displaying a false error message on the printer and due to this same error message, the paper is not moving forward, as the motor which forward the paper is not getting any signal to do its job. Now, it is possible to dismantle the printer at home to repair the fault, but the main problem is that, you will not get the sensor in any store, as it is only available at the repair shops. So, unfortunately the final solution is repairing the printer.

But, honestly speaking, nowadays the repairing cost of a printer is sometimes more than the price of a new printer. So, it is up to you know, what you want to do.