Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Six month old Brother MFCL2740DW. Indicator said to replace

Customer Question

Six month old Brother MFCL2740DW. Indicator said to replace toner. Replaced toner with high yield Brother TN660. Print is faint and unreadable. Have tried the suggested fixes, shaking cartridge, cleaning corona wire, etc. Still faint. Do I need to replace drum OR is my toner cartridge faulty?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your site indicated there were "nine experts online ready...to help". Then a specific tech bio came up and indicated he was online and ready to help. Then, AFTER I submitted my cc info, the message indicated it could take up to a day. I think this is disingenuous marketing and I do have the professional experience to know that. Based on the methodology/strategy of your Adwords campaign that leads to a "techs online now" leading to a specific tech who is "ready now"...the clear expectation is that I will have my simple question answered now. I need to purchase the right item and not waste time returning the wrong item to the store and don't intend to wait. So, wasted my deposit. You are not authorized to charge my card for the balance as I couldn't be less satisfied. My reviews will reflect this. Ashley Rombro *****@******.***(###) ###-####
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If I may comment: many techs are online. But many are busy with many other cases. I can't swear to average response time.

I regret to state that I cannot offer Live Phone Call support myself, at this time.

I think the issue of whether the drum needs replacing also, depends upon whether the drum has gotten old, or been exposed to direct light for a period over 1 minute per 1/2 hour.

So how old is the drum, and has it been exposed to direct light for a while? either of those factors ages a drum surface, and an aged drum surface will indeed produce faded printouts. If the fading is gradual in extent, and overall slightly more faded toward the center of printed pages, then that's a typical sign of aging of a drum, and signifies the drum needs replacement almost beyond any doubt and in almost every case.