Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I'm trying to set up my MG7520 printer and I cannot get it

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up my MG7520 printer and I cannot get it to connect to the network for wireless printing. I'm at a University with a firewall for its wifi so I'm trying to print via the USB cable, but it still won't work. Is there a way I can print non-wirelessly?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Is it a new printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, which version of Windows is installed in the PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Mac, with version 10.10.3 of Yosemite installed
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have to go offline for the day, I will open the question for the other experts , so that they can try to help you with this problem.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do still need help.

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not interested in paying $45 after already paying $26 to have my question completely unanswered...

I understand. The extra charge is because it will require more of my time. We can do this without the remote option, if you wish. Which application are you using to make the scans? When you attempt to scan, what happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not trying to scan, just trying to print. It's a canon MG7520, and I'm wondering if there is a way to print without a wireless connection. I'm interested in using the USB cable only.

Thank you for the update.

All you will have to do is install the following file: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0100006073/02/mac-mg7500-1_1-mcd.dmg

Download, save, and install that file. After you do that, plug the printer into the computer and allow it to automatically install.

Does it work now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it says connection failed.

What says that? Are you able to install the software?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The software installs, but at the end of installation/setup, it says the network connection cannot be established

Thank you for the update. Are you up for the remote session now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you, ***** ***** looking to pay extra.

I understand. How do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd love to be able to get a refund if possible, since my question wasn't answered from the $26.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Your problem is that the computer thinks that it is a WiFi printer and can't find it there

Go to apple menu / preferences/ printers

Remove it from the printers list

Then plug it in by USB making sure that the printer is on and the USB cable is secure on both ends between the computer and the printer

It should install itself automatically