WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I replaced the fuser on a Brother MFC-8890DW because it was

Customer Question

I replaced the fuser on a Brother MFC-8890DW because it was time. Now I'm getting the "Print Unable 6A" error. I've managed to clear the message twice, but it comes right back as soon as I try to print. Is it possible I have a bad fuser? I bought it from Precision Roller.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’ll be glad to help with the printer issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

The error is due to a fuser error. There could be 2 possible reasons for this problem.

1. Bad Fuser which you replaced. Try removing the fuser and cleaning the metal contacts inside the printer using a q-tip if possible. Then re-insert the fuser.

2. The power supply controller module could be bad and not heating the fuser properly. The fuser has to reach a certain temperature before it is ready and can cause this error as well. This problem can only be fixed by a printer repair shop.