Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Pixma Pro-1, error code 200, I need to open my cartridge

Customer Question

Pixma Pro-1, error code B 200, I need to open my cartridge door to take out the cartridges, no service in turkey
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the full model number of the printer? All I have is the number 1. Have you tried cleaning it yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have cleaned it, where is the model no written
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It should be somewhere on the printer itself or if you try to print from your computer it should show there as well in the window that opens. How did you clean it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because the yellow light is blinking it does not do anything else i just want to open the cartridge doors but it does not respond,
how can i open it mechanically
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The carriage should move freely by hand if you unplug the machine unless it is damaged. I still need the model number though and even with the error the computer should show it. How did you clean it when you said you cleaned it before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cleaned about 5 minutes before the error, the cannon pima-1 does not have carriages for cartridges, it has two separate doors in the front ! are you familiar with thisnter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer Imean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know error B200 or are you just checking it out from the internet?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You still have not given me the model number so I had absolutely no way of knowing what type of assembly it had. I have asked you for it 3 times now. Please give it to me so we can continue as I said it should be on the machine somewhere. If you can not find it even with this error, trying to print on the computer the window that opens should say it as well. I also asked how you cleaned it not when. Please answer these questions so I can help you. Go to this pages to see the thousands of people I have helped:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-freddym/

I deal with this error every single day, but if you will not even give me the model number I do not know what you are expecting me to tell you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PRO-1 series:Product ID: 0x10d6
Vendor ID: 0x04a9 (Canon Inc.)
Version: 0.07
Serial Number: 1004E5
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Canon
Location ID: 0x20300000 / 15
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 2
1284 Device ID:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MFG:Canon;CMD:BJL,BJRaster3,BSCCe,NCCe,IVEC,IVECPLI;SOJ:BJNP2,BJNPe;MDL:PRO-1 series;CLS:PRINTER;DES:Canon PRO-1 series;VER:1.070;STA:10;FSI:03;HRI:6;MSI:B240,DAT,E3,FON,HASF;PDR:3;RRF:00;PSE:ACHA00151;
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** did you clean it when you did?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

How old is the printer? If over a year old did you get an extended warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stars old and i have no warranty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I still need to know, how did you clean it when you did?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you use the software on the computer, the buttons on the printer, did you do it by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i used the software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** want to try manually cleaning it by hand then.

Turn the machine off and unplug it, if it wont turn off just unplug it.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area ink will sometimes come out of when pushed on the cartridges that is normal, just get any dried ink off of them including the new one.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges (I suggest using the old BLK to rule out the cartridge causing the issue) and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How the hell do I remove cartridges, when the cartridge doors don't open, i think you have no idea to this printer, you think this is printer with two cartridges, well it has twelve, sorry but you not only took my money but also my time
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

This is your machine or at least the one you gave me an ID for, and unless damaged the door should open freely:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/professional_photo_inkjet_printers/pixma_pro_1#ServiceAndSupport

Since you keep claiming I do not know your machine even though you did not answer my questions, and have not told me what happens when you try to open the door I will be opting out and opening this to all experts.

If anyone else wants to help they will reply the same way I did. Please note they can see this entire conversation so it could take a while.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way , I didn't say BLK cartridge ,i said MBK cartridge, I think you will not be able to help me at all, you didn't read i writ properly, and yet have made no proper suggestions,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doors don't open freely as you think, they have a button at which is electronically commanding the doors, so it is not mechanical? this is ridiculous, you blaming me for not answering you, you are the one to answer me. I hope someone will be able to help, because i lost hope in you, I thought you were the expert, that is what is said on your professional site which all ready paid for, and now being advised to visit the cannon site for errors!!??