Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I turned off my MFC-6920, changed the black cartridge and

Customer Question

I turned off my MFC-6920, changed the black cartridge and now the printer will not even power up....
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a strong smell of burning and the power circuit has tripped! I reset the circuit breaker, moved to another power outlet, had the same result.... this machine is smelling strongly of burning and I have removed the power and will put it outside. I strongly suspect a short in the internal components.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the printer.

Still depending on the version (very important), the power cord may be faulty and therefore would need replacement (if the plug-in type). Otherwise it would be the internal power supply board assembly similar to the part shown HERE that would need replacement.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.