Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My HP Officejet Pro8500 A910 will not receive faxes

Customer Question

My HP Officejet Pro8500 A910 will not receive faxes automatically, even though it is set for it. I can accept them manually
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Auto Answer light, in many HP printer models, must be On, before auto-fax-reception will work. If there is an Auto Answer or Auto Receive light on your printer's controls and indicators panel, that is.

The Auto Answer light in this model (looking it up ...) is next to the Auto Answer button. Press the Auto Answer button once to turn Auto Answer On.... if it is Off.

HP Solution Center - Settings - More Fax Settings

has the HP Fax Setup Wizard in it, which supposedly will tell the printer (if you say there is not voice phone on the line) to set the Auto Answer to On permanently. Sometimes it shuts itself Off otherwise.