Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Canon MX 922 says: Support code C000 printer error has

Customer Question

My Canon MX 922 says:
Support code C000
printer error has occurred Follow these steps below.
1. Cancel printing then turn the device off.
2. Turn device on again.
Tried this several times, doesn't work. It all started when two color ink cartridges ran out of ink. The red lights of those two were flashing, plus all the other tanks were red. When I put in the new ink tanks and tried to print I got the error message. Can you help? Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
I just fixed it myself. One of the black cartridges had sprung up and wasn't seated properly. That's all it was, but I suppose I still have to pay my $5.00 deposit?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well, the steps I had indicated would have resolved the issues as well, during the process of removing/reseating the cartridges as indicated.

You've actually paid the full agreed upon amount (not just the $5 deposit) to the site, per the terms you agreed to.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

However if you feel a refund is in order, up to your conscience and discretion, you may contact customer service to request such.

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate a refund Nathan (except for my $5.00 deposit), but I can see you would have been willing and eminently capable of helping me had the problem been more complicated than my simple overlooking of the fact a black cartridge wasn't seated properly. I would certainly go to you again if I have a serious problem! Thanks for your help!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I have no control over pricing or any account issues. You can go to the help/account page to request a refund. I believe they'll only do a full refund though, not just the deposit. I only get a small portion of the fee you pay, and only if you rate me, but if you want to send them a message and ask for an adjusted amount, customer service may be able to work with you on that.

Good night,

Natahn