Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I Have a MFC J825DW :2877513 Serial NO. U63021K21207938 Best

Customer Question

I Have a MFC J825DW (###) ###-#### ***** NO. U63021K21207938 Best Buy 2-6-13
I'm trying to feed a "stack" of 81/2 by 11 paper -- Feeds OK with typical paper--but-- I have some paper that is 81/2 by 11--but when examined with the 11 edge horizontal there are 7 holes on the left edge and seven more half way across the page--SIDE BY SIDE PRINTING. ONE PAGE AT A TIME IS OK. .SEVERAL SHEET (3 OR MORE) FEEDS OUT SEVERAL SHEETS AT A TIME AND VERY LITTLE PRINTING AND THE PAPER IS DAMAGED AND IS UNUSEANBLE. Doing one page at a time seems the only way to it. Any ides?
R.W Gaines Columbia MO. ***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The issue here is that the feed rollers/wheels are catching on those holes. The printer is not designed for use with this type of paper, and the holes are causing problems with the feed path and sensors.

There are really only 3 options here:

Hand feed them one at a time

Print on regular paper first, and punch them after

or "trick" the system, by interleaving a sheet of regular paper between each punched page. This would of course take the effort of inserting a blank between each in the stack, reformatting your document to have a blank page between each printed page, and then sorting them back out after. But it would accomplish the job in the end.