Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a canon MG6320. It won't print and says support code

Customer Question

I have a canon MG6320. It won't print and says support code 6000. It says there is no paper in the cassette but there is. It is catching the edge of paper and snagging it so it won't feed. I turned it off and on several times and check to see if it is still a supported device. It won't print or copy. pat
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.

There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I had already done the things you suggested: unplugged, moved print heads, checked cassettes. What I had not done was check for a paper jam. The seemed to fix the problem. Also needing to keep the upper cassette in place to keep the paper in the lower cassette from riding up.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear it, often when this error comes up it is caused by a jam and the steps I gave you will enable you to see it.

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.