Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Brother MFC-J6510DW won't recognise new cartridges. Have

Customer Question

Brother MFC-J6510DW won't recognise new cartridges. Have reset purge counter and installed 3 sets of cartridges. The printer used to recognise these cartridges fine and the new sets are exactly the same - despite it not being genuine brother ink. Printer still reads 'cannot detect reinstall slowly' which I've done several times.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The purge counter would not be related to this. Compatible and refilled cartridges can both cause this problem and can damage the machine, have you tried genuine cartridges yet? Have you tried cleaning it yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried genuine cartridges and cleaning out the nozzles and the print heads.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not good, how old is the machine? Did you get an extended warranty? If you did you are going to want to avoid telling any warranty support you used non genuine cartridges since as I mentioned they can damage the machine so it would void the warranty.