John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Win10 64Bit Lenovo 560 laptop won't detect my Canon MP495

Customer Question

Hey, my Win10 64Bit Lenovo 560 laptop won't detect my Canon MP495 Pixma printer via wifi.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have used Win10 'Add Printer' and run the Canon Driver setup to detect it. Printer is on and wifi lamp on printer is lit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spooler service is running.
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is this a new computer or new printer or new wireless modem/router device, etc.?

Does the printer work with the computer when using a USB cable, if you have?

Are you able to go to the wi-fi/wireless/network setting menu on the printer and connect to your wireless network name? If yes, can you print out the confirmation page from the network menu, then check the IP address on it?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved the problem with a Canon video on WPS setup, so the £15 was in vain! Nevermind, thankyou anyway you have been jolly helpful.
Great. I was checking to see if you were able to connect the printer to wifi/wireless first before the computer is able to detect it. But I'm glad you got it work now. Do you have any other computer question/issue I can help with today? Otherwise, we will cancel / refund your deposit; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's it, cheers!
This is being cancelled. If you need help with anything else in the future, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, lovely.
No problem. Thank you.