Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Canon MX882 printer. I keep getting a message that

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX882 printer. I keep getting a message that the "ink absorber" is almost full, call service center. Can I resolve the situation by myself?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The machine has a simple counter that says after X amount of prints, replace the ink absorber. It may not actually be full, and if this is the first time youve started seeing that message then it probably isnt.

Lets try the following steps and try and reset the error.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

Do you still get the error message?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.