Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My printer came up with message Printer error has occured.

Customer Question

My printer came up with message Printer error has occured. See the manual. Could not find any help in manual.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The error should have a code, what is that code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaning and removing and replacing cartridges did not work. Same message. Also, the cartridge carrier does not move when the cover is opened.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That is not a good sign.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Don't open duplicates you need to reply here, you did at first so I am not sure why you opened a new question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no solution - did all you asked- cartridge carrier does not move when cover is opene.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I already replied to that, please scroll up and try those steps.