Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am trying to get my recently purchased Hp Envy 7640

Customer Question

I am trying to get my recently purchased Hp Envy 7640 printer working, however I keep receiving a message that there is a paper jam although I have not placed any paper in the paper tray. My number is ***** I would appreciate some help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This could mean that the circuitry is holding on to a 'persistent paper jam condition'. In which case, a hard reset of the printer, for quite a while, would help with that.

Or, it could mean, that your printer genuinely does have a bit of paper in it still.

(Tell me, whether this problem began with an actual paper jam which you removed, and tell me where the paper jam was, how many sheets, and how or by what route you removed the jammed paper.)

To do the hard reset, pull the power cord on the printer, sharply and suddenly, while it is On.

Then leave it that way (without batteries if it by chance has batteries, remove them too) for at least 2 hours or more.

Then power it On again.

I cannot offer phone call service at this time, I regret.