Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a canon PIXMA MP990 and have never used the scanner

Customer Question

I have a canon PIXMA MP990 and have never used the scanner because my old printer (now gone) did a good job of scanning... what do I need to do to scan on this Canon printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

What version of mac os are you using? If you are not sure click on the apple menu and then about this mac, give me the number it shows there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OSX 10.9.5
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
  1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

2. Click Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners and then click your printer in the left pane.

3. Click the Scan tab, and then click Open Scanner.

4. If a 'Software for this device is not installed' message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.

5. Click Show Details to view scan settings and options. Make sure that you select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, depending on your printer and how you plan to scan.

6. Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.